This article dives into how to integrate Salesforce with your Postal account and provides resources for the SFDC Managed Package.
- View Postal tracking & delivery updates at the lead and/or contact level, alongside your digital activity efforts (calls, emails, ebook downloads, etc…)
- Postal Sent & Postal Delivered: View your Salesforce contact/lead information in Postal
Within Postal, the different roles below are able to view Salesforce contacts/leads as the following:
- Users only see what contacts they are assigned to
- Admins are able to view all leads/contacts
Note: You will need to have Admin access in both Postal & Salesforce to complete the integrations setup.
Why Connect Salesforce
- Salesforce can continue to be your system of record as you leverage seamless direct mail sending.
- You can also easily use Postal’s Chrome extension in the Salesforce lead/contact level to send Postals
- Salesforce will continue to own the information in Postal, so as you are up-to-date with name changes, address, email, phone, etc.
- Any new leads/contacts you add or update in Salesforce is automatically pulled back into Postal in less than 15 minutes, so there is no need to jump between the two systems
- Most importantly you can now view in Salesforce the entire activity history of a prospect or customer in one view, allowing you to report on total Postal touches, and measure the real conversion rate of your prospects
To connect your Salesforce account you'll need to start in Postal and finish Salesforce.
Start in Postal
- Go to the Profile/Admin section of your account
- Click on Integrations > Select 'Connect to Salesforce'
- Authenticate the Salesforce & Approve the Integration when prompted
- Select which objects are the most applicable to you and your team you want to map between the 2 platforms. The options are: contacts / leads / accounts / activity / opportunity
Now in Salesforce, you will need to select the object "Task" and in the Type field enter "Postal" as an active type
Salesforce sends the following contact information to Postal:
- First Name, Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Contact Owner
SFDC Managed Package
The SFDC Managed Package can be added to Salesforce to create a deeper integration experience. This app can be found in the AppExchange and will cost $1. Please see the following links for more information and note the installation key will be needed.
For additional assistance please contact [email protected]