Postal / Outreach integration with Triggers to enable automation with sending
First you will start with turning on the Outreach integration in Postal:
- Go into your account preferences and click integrations - Outreach
- Click the Outreach logo and toggle it on
- Next you will need to check the boxes for what you wish to sync over from Outreach to Postal. Select the boxes that match best for what you would like to sync over. Such as contacts/leads, activity and any other information you wish. Activity from Postal will sync back to Outreach on the contact level
- To start sending one-offs while working in Outreach, you will need to download the Postal Everywhere extension for sending Postals
- Log into Outreach and navigate to the settings menu
- Click on Settings - Org
- Navigate to the right side of the page select - Postal
- Click "Connect App"
- Follow the steps to authenticate your Postal account
- Authorize the integration in your Postal account
You need the same admin on both platforms (Postal & Outreach) to enable the integration, the integration only works for users with licenses to both platforms.
Creating Triggers for Outreach Integration:
Now that you have connected the Postal/Outreach Integration, below are the steps to create a Trigger to automate the sending of a Postal:
- Postal Business and Enterprise subscriptions will be able to send automated Postals by trigger in a sequence.
- First log-in to Postal and select - Automation, then Triggers
- Select - Create new trigger - Outreach, select the sequence and the step you wish to have a Postal automated. The Postal will be triggered when this step is active, not completed.
- Name your Trigger so you can track the success of it in Postal's reporting.
- Select the Action for your trigger - Start a Playbook or Send a Postal. Once you have chosen your action - select - Create Trigger.
- From here you will be directed to create a Postal for the sequence in Postal's Marketplace
- Follow the prompts to pick out your already approved and saved Postal for sending, customize the message and select - Create a Trigger
Once a trigger is created the send will be automated with the sequence step you selected for Postal to send. You do not need to create a general task for your sequence. However if you prefer to send Postals manually, follow the steps in the article here to set up accordingly using the Chrome extension, Postal Everywhere.
Now every time the step in the sequence you associated the Postal send with is completed, Postal will auto-send the chosen gift or direct mail selected to the contact. You don't have to create a generic task, Postal will auto-send once this step is completed -- It's that easy!
If you wish to learn more please contact your CSM or email firstname.lastname@example.org.